Resources for running a Klondike Derby, including a new sled design
The information on this web site is intended to help Scouters' Clubs or similar groups run Klondike Derbies for their Scouts. The copyright on this web site allow the information to be taken and shared (see copyright for details). Please do so! And please share your ideas with me to make this site better.
The original authorship of most of the text information on this site is lost in the mists of time. It comes from the Scouts Canada, Heritage Area Klondike Derby and its predecessor, the Chaudière Area Klondike Derby, in which I participated when I was a Scout. The contributions of many Scouters over the years has allowed many more Scouts to learn from and enjoy the Klondike Derby. It is hoped that by sharing this information here, still more will have the chance to seek gold in the north.
- Klondike Derby Sled Plans — A new design for a strong, light, and inexpensive Klondike sled.
- Preparing for a Klondike Derby — Organizing and participating in a successful event.
- Klondike Derby Events — Events for a Klondike Derby.
- Klondike Derby Kit Lists — What you need to Be Prepared for a Klondike Derby.
- Klondike Derby Mushing — Working as a team to drive your Klondike sled.
Klondike-related Web Sites
- Klondike Derby
- Culture and history
- Robert Service — Yukon poet and author of "The Cremation of Sam McGee" and other poems about the Gold Rush.
- The Man From Eldorado — The poems of Robert Service set to music by Canadian folk singer David Parry.
- Pierre Berton — Canadian author has written extensively about the North.
- Reliving the Klondike on the Chilkoot Trail — A travel log.