CJ’07 Sunrise Ceremony Soundscape
Canadian Scout Jamboree 2007 Centennial Sunrise Ceremony
Please feel free to use any of these files for your Scouting purposes. However, if used in any other recordings, please give credit where it is due.
I hope your Scouting Centennial celebrations are as rich and rewarding as the one at CJ'07 was.
Yours in Scouting Friendship,
Scouter Mike "Manitou" Reid
To download these files, right-click on the link and download/save the file.
Sunrise Ceremony Soundscape (Show Version) — This was the
track used at the actual ceremony. It started approximately 15 minutes
before 08:00 and was designed to be a milestone timeline that the
Jamboree could listen to while assembling. It contains radio headlines,
B-P audio clips, CBC archive material, and old campfire songs from
Scouts Canada's "Campfire Sing Along" Jump Start.
- Background music is royalty free from the QCCS Productions Inc. Volume #20, "Tribal World" and "CJ Tribal Percussion", composed and arranged by Dustin Reid.
- French Voice: Christian Aubert
- English Voice: Mike Reid
- Kudu Horns: Eric Turcotte & Mike Reid
- Rain Stick: Mike Reid
- Written and produced by Mike Reid
- Recorded, mixed, and engineered by Dustin Reid
- CJ'07 Sunrise Ceremony Soundscape (Short Version) — This is a post-Jamboree re-edit to make the soundscape more usable for your own ceremonies or celebrations. It features all of the elements listed on the show version but without the campfire songs.
- Kudu Horn — Single Note (High) — This is the first of the two notes in the kudu horn sequences. It is recorded as a separate track for you to use in ceremonies as you wish.
- Kudu Horn — Single Note (Low) — This is the second of the two notes in the kudu horn sequences. It is recorded as a separate track for you to use in ceremonies as you wish.
- Kudu Horns — Triple Set (Both Notes) — This is the sequence that appears at the beginning and end of the soundscape. In the soundscape, it is processed to sound as if it is coming closer or receding respectively. It is recorded here unaffected, as a separate track for you to use in ceremonies as you wish.
All tracks were recorded, mixed, and engineered at KEMEdia Studios, Montreal. © 2007 KEMEdia.